Back to Forum Re New

Some suggestions (from Pras)

I wanted to share some observations from our raid (which will also be important going forward). It's difficult for me because I know the game mechanics but I don't know Chinese, haha  so if any info here is helpful, please help to share with our members!

1. Set rampage: rampage is based on the *order* of aggro on a mob. The amount of aggro does not matter; even if you gain aggro by proximity (body aggro), and another player casts 5000 aggro spell *after* your body aggro, then body aggro will still be first rampage.

Best way to set aggro for pal/sk:
Puller bring boss > RT tag with *arrow only* > puller fd > puller cast da > MT war use bellow and begin proper disc.

During this time, all others stand, song off etc or boss can body aggro (because sitting char = lvl1 player in boss's mind) and ruin rampage order. Pal/sk are usually best rampage tanks for a number of reasons:
1. They don't take a warrior from tank order;
2. They usually have a high ac shield and can heal themselves (either heal or lifetap);
3. They have access to DA effects (da/harmshield/later da hammer from GE)

And next, knight job in raid. Knight job is 99% control all non-boss mob (including charm pet) and rampage tank. Knight dps is very low (*very* low!), but controlling adds is just as important! For example, today charm pets killed clerics and MTs (you can check log), and also indirectly kill people by interrupting CH on MT.

During all boss in KD I use far camera view and keep checking extended target window. When I see a pet on the window, I press my cycle nearest NPC key (mine is "n") and cast stun, and then cast a second stun if not controlled well. Of course, I can't always do this because maybe I am near to cast my spell in cch, but I will always try.

Importantly, this is not a cle main job. It is helpful, sure, but that job is 100% knights duty. And I know we are few people and many box, so it is even more important for main knights to perform well.

Please understand (and help to translate to other member) that I only offer assistance and advice to help the guild; I will never blame a person if they are lower skill/slow reaction time/new player etc.. I said before that the family guild is more important than any other success we can have. I just want to help players be their best and play well (if they want to!), and I will be happy to help each member in /tell, but it's hard for me to explain without English.

Thank you sir and to all our members!
首先 感谢 每一个为我们的raid 提出见解的会员们。关于aow 我也有几个安排告知大家的。
Back to Forum