Back to Forum Re New
Post Last Edit by kakakuku at 2012-12-23 13:37

ok let me explain 1 to 3 from my perspective.

Adding someone in raid, first, RL needs to unlock raid and wait for this person to take invite; second, RL relocks raid and  puts this person into the appropriate right group.  It sounds easy here, but sometimes it requires a bit more time than it appears to be.

Example 1: sometimes add a new player/class to raid late, RL has to adjust perhaps more than 1 group since RL has to consider things like does this player has healer to survive, does his dps got optimized in group and etc etc. In your case, I would first consider a bard or shammy to group with you if they are available.  All these considerations may cuz RL to do adjustments to more than 1 group sometimes.

Another simple example 2 could be: if the raid had 36 raiders in 6 groups.  If the 37th showed up late. RL had to remake  1 new group just for that raider  with his best effort, which means  adjustments made to all 6 previous groups. Sometimes the adjustment would be easy, sometimes would not be that easy due to lacking of certain classes.  Also, keep in mind, you may not be the only one waiting to get RW/DZ .  There are other late comer /LD  people, which further complicated the situation.

Example 3: above situations got further complicated if the raid is engaging  or about to engage a monster.
So, should the RL call off the engagement and take couple more mins to make adjust just for 1,2 or 3 raiders?  Your 5-10minis surely is precious, what about the other 30-40+ raiders' time?  Not to mention some group adjustment during fight, could be risky, possible wipe in some extend. ( such as split group, moving healers around, RT emote stuff, new adjustment on book group, east west group during fight, etc etc)

RL's primary job is to make raid efficient. so sometimes, they have to weight different options but only pick one option when they are in contradiction such as ( interest of majority of raiders vs. 1-2 individual raiders).  Hope you can understand.

Regarding  MA, MA should be announced in the beginning of raid.  
RLs: please make sure you announce MA before every engagement.  
MAs: plz make your Assist Message in rs channel.
Raiders: please ask in rs or in group if you are not sure about who is MA.  
I think all of above can solve this problem.
this is a place to share views ( regardless same or not) and share feelings

worst thing is that one post got no reply haha

so, i am happy to see this lol, but why always only u guys,yuma, herog, mist ect ect, maybe nly 4 of us reading this lol
Back to Forum