Back to Forum Re New
Hello my friends
I hope everyone is well?

As you may have noticed I haven't been on recently basically my computer died on me. Sorry Robinroot I was about to do lessons with Pistachio in Feerott when i think my video card packed in/blew up. My laptop is currently and hopefully being fixed I may need to purchase a new video card which might be hard as Laptop is about 6 years old or so and technology moving on so very fast these days.

Fingers crossed i'll hear back from the guy fixing it by the end of this week and if all goes to plan I should be back to playing and raiding next week.

On another note i see peeps are trying to get their healers up to help with raids which is an awesome idea. When i am hopefully back soon please shoot me a tell when i am online as always able to help lvl up people with my new found HS skills (or lack of) in feerott be it at temples or instances if temples are camped.

I just wanted to let you all know my situation and I hope to be back up and playing asap

Regards your little ranger friend

Nathan
See u soon in EQ. Nathan
See u soon,little ranger friend
Hey guys

I hope all is well? Just quick update as i have not been able to be online some time now :((

Unfortunately it seems I will need to buy a new computer which kinda sucks for me atm. Any advice on what i should look for will be appreciated I will need to buy a laptop and looking at one with 2gb grafics card 8gb ram and i7 processor. Comp name is Inspiron 17R Special Edition by dell it is expensive which i am not happy about but hope it will last me a long time. (want 17 inch screen so can use to watch movies and crap)

If anyone knows if this will be a good computer or not advice will be much appreciated as it isnt cheap. Maybe i wont lag so much in eq if i can get this one.

Thanks as always for your patience and hope to be back asap
i7 is too powerful for eq, i think i5 is enough, graphic card 1 g is enough, but suggest 6-8G of ram for eq if u box, also,   do you use your laptop for other stuff? 17'' maybe too big to carry around...
Cheers for the info Kaka.

Basically my old laptop was a expensive alienware one from 2006 and 17inch too i like for watch DVD having a big screen and understand the drawbacks for being heavy as i travel lots with work and am used to it.

I prefer save up to spend more money so Laptop will be good for a loooong time as technology up fast but my bank account doesn't. From what you are saying seems that if i can afford this one will work very nice. Is i7 going to be a problem being too powerful or will just mean will work very good as in i can finally have all graphics on high (like see further distance as help with HS) and not have video lag. With my old one i had loads of video lag when pulling and often cause me to die as my friends I have take for HS in Feerott will remember :)

Also nice if i can play other game when no internet available (cheaper then going out drinking all the time) Would like to try Skyrim as always likes the ES games from Daggerfall but old comp was no good enough to try new games.

Anyway thanks as always for advice and hope i can back to play help Oeseka soon little ranger will try up DPS fast as possible when back and maybe i wont lag so much at raid time so can be more effective :)
fast come back :)
Well I ordered my new laptop and hopefully should be here soon. As long as my backup of eq folder works as don't think i can afford to download the game again I should be back fast.

Fingers crossed I should be seeing you all soon :)
Back to Forum