Back to Forum Re New
My computer died. It kep freezing and then finally crashed.. I took it to best buy they told me to buy a new power supply and video card.. So I did and after I installed the computer went back on then froze again and not working AGAIN!!
what item u have changed for your computer?@@
whole changed?(buy a new one)
or just changed a few part?
can u show me your computer set? [CPU/display/harddisc)
is your computer rams all are the same brand AND same ratio?
for example, if u put a two brand ram in the computer
it can run but easy hang ,even they are same brand and same ratio
but it still a chance to hang if they are not the same time release from factory
(so better buy ram package if u want to change ram)

HP pavilion p6214y PC... All factory.. I had experienced a lot of lag lately in Eq, then it started too freeze up randomly. Sometimes the computer would come back after freezing. Sometimes it just freeze and I have too reset it by holding the power button. I factory reset it too erase hard drive and make it like I just bought it. Ran it for one hour perfectly then it froze up again. I reset it by the power button and it didn't start. I took it too beatbuy and they took out my ram number 1 and 3 slot and left slot 2 and 4 and it worked but then they told me I need new power supply and graphics card.. I bought both graphic card and power supply but it didn't fix anything..
SO U USE 4 SLOT RAM OR JUST USE 1 AND 3 and leave slot 2 and 4?
i guess the ram problem.....
CPU too hot will also make the game hang
as u use new display card and power supply
i think this two parts should be ok...

u can go to buy a USB FAN (very cheap! just use USB slot to get power)
then open your computer CASE and turn on the fan to test EQ
if u can play EQ more than 1 hour
it should be the CPU too hot  problem...

u can also run the anti -virus tool to check virsu  and kill some useless file in comp
it should be helpful to run EQ

Back to Forum